Value Statements for the AIC Program
Survey completed by 731 respondents in August 2008
Why Earn the Associate in Claims (AIC) Designation?
• 80% of completers said the program was relevant to their industry
• 70% of completers said the program provided them with practical knowledge, while more than 75% said the program was valuable and applicable to their career.
• 91% of completers believe that earning the designation added to the value of their role at their company.
• 85% of completers attributed earning the designation with providing them with increased job opportunities.
• 78% of completers believe that gained greater job security during times of organizational consolidation and transition because they earned the designation.
• More than 70% of completers said earning the designation helped fast-track their career progression.
• 70% of completers felt earning the designation was important to gaining increased networking opportunities within their company, while more than 60% said it increased networking opportunities outside their company.
• 93% of completers believe earning the designation was important to demonstrating their professional competency.
• Almost 90% of completers credit earning the designation with gaining them professional recognition. In fact, 87% of completers said it helped them gain recognition from management.
• 93% of completers attribute the program with providing them with technical property and casualty insurance knowledge.
• 72% of completers believe earning the designation was integral to gaining a promotion, while 69% said it was key to gaining a salary increase.
• 72% of completers said earning the designation increased their opportunities within the same functional area, while more than 66% felt it increased their mobility into other functional areas.
• More than 20% of completers were promoted within six months or less from when they earned the AIC.
• More than 70% of completers were promoted within two years of earning the AIC.
• 84% of completers attribute a portion of their salary increase directly to earning the AIC designation.
• 73% of completers believe the program prepared them for their current job responsibilities, while more than 75% said it has prepared them for their long-term career goals.
• More than 50% of completers said they would strongly recommend Institutes’ courses to a colleague. In fact, more than 90% of all completers said they would recommend the Institutes.